Congratulations on your engagement! Now that you are about to begin wedding planning in 2012, take a deep breath, we are here to help you. After scouring the internet, news sources and consulting multiple event planners; we have compiled a list of the top 10 wedding trends for 2012:
1) Bridal Gowns – What you will see in 2012 are more flirty, high fashion dresses that are shorter in length, also gowns with layers of texture and (finally) a little something on top. Inspired by Kate Middleton, designers have incorporated sheer laces and illusion on top to offer brides an alternative to strapless.
2) A great way to add interest to an otherwise simple gown is with an embellished belt. Look for these belts to explode in 2012.
3) Feathers continue to be the most popular accent for shoes, bouquets and hair. Peacock and ostrich top the list.
4) For 2012 you will see couples continue to take a more active part in the ceremony rather than simply standing at the altar, repeating the words that someone else has written. Writing your own vows is meaningful, personal and helps the couple to express their love for one another in their own unique way without hesitation.
5) Couples are opting for smaller, more intimate affairs with 100 of their closest friends rather than 1,000 people who they may not know very well. Spending less per head allows couples to have a celebration that is more lavish and yet controlled, it’s quality versus quantity.
6) Standard wedding videos are out, movies are in. Imagine if you could have Steven Spielberg edit your video footage into a ten minute movie with a plot, climax and happy ending! You can still keep all the footage but, you will have a mini-masterpiece to share with your family and friends that won’t put them to sleep or bore them to tears. Find the right videographer and this dream can be your reality.
7) High-profile event planner Bryan Rafanelli says party favors and accessories are becoming more and more customized to the individual couples to reflect their interests and tastes. For the music lover, using cleft note place-card holders and musical note candle as gifts will tie everything together.
8) The vintage trend continues as couples embrace the look and feel of antique table settings, flowers and attire. Old Hollywood, Victorian Vintage, and 1940’s Big Band themes are a popular and all have a comfortable, relaxed charm.
9) Color is everywhere. For those brides who find picking a particular color a daunting task, rest easy – the current trend is multiple colors. Color can be the only theme you need if you find the right combination; dusty rose and silver for a vintage feel or turquoise and purple for a more modern look. Either way, color can leave a lasting impression and create impact.
10) Grooms have more choices than ever with tuxedos but nothing will ever beat a classic notched-lapel tuxedo with a bow tie. For men who want to shake it up a bit, experiment with studs that express your personality or try a classic white bow tie and vest.
Planning your dream wedding is easier than ever. Call 847-428-3320 to get tickets to a Bridal Expo Luxury Event so you can experience all of the most exciting trends in bridal attire and wedding planning.
-Penny Frulla for Bridal Expo Chicago